95 CAMRY lost power in cassette deck.

My 95 camry (156k miles) stopped having power in the cassette deck all of a sudden. The cigarette lighter which is in the same module also left power. So pls pardon my ignorance about cars, but am I correct in assuming some fuse is blown. How do I locate it and find out if its blown ?

thanks in advance.

Reply to
punit.rathore

Look in your owner's manual to determine where the fuses are located. Take off the cover and look for the fuse that is labeled as running the circuit that isn't working. Then, you'll probably see a dead fuse.

Reply to
David In NH

While it's true the owner's manual will guide you to the correct fuse - most likely under the hood near the left fender, you also need to correct the cause of the problem, most likely a defect in the radio/ cassette player. I think I went through about three or four of these before I bought an Alpine from Crutchfield that also plays MP3s. Even with stock speakers the sound is excellent the features greatly improved and better all around that the stock units at a reasonable price.

Reply to
Daniel

There is also a fusible link in the line too. Did you plugged in a laptop if so they draw too much current and blow the fusible link!

Reply to
Wolfgang