95 Camry V6 LE - Steering "shift" and leaky pump

I bought a used Camry 7 years ago with 76k on it; now has 240k. I've been fairly regular in the care of it, but recently it has been having more frequent issues.

From day 1, the power steering pump or the related hoses have leaked - usually in cold weather only - and despite hose replacements, the problem continues. Now it happens in all temperatures. Could the pump be the problem now?

To add to that, this week, a new quirk has shown up. As I accelerate from a stop, just after shifting, the car jerks slightly to the right (as if I was hit by a powerful gust of wind), and the car suddenly begins to veer to the right slightly, enough for me to have to turn the wheel left about 15-20 degrees to keep going straight. What could be causing this problem?

Reply to
Heavensword