95 camry with a new engine

A friend of mine is selling his 95 camry (109k). A couple of months back he had put a new engine. He has not told me about the price as of now. The car appears to be in good condition. I will get it inspected though. How much can pay for it ? I guess having a new engine in an old car would make some difference.

Reply to
greg

Not realy, many rebuilds are not done properly, and you cant know till it blows. A friend got one 12 mo warranty, 13 months it blew, bearing slipped, crank rod cap was loose. he had 5000 on it. Its like buying rebuilt starters and alternators, they can be crap

Reply to
mark Ransley

Reply to
David Cutler