95 Power Window Short

I've got a strange short in the power windows on my 95 LE. It started with blowing the fuse under the dash and I found a few wires that had backed out of the master switch plug and may have touched. Now the right rear window behaves very strangely. Replace the fuse and the window will go up and then without touching the switch it will go down and repeat until the fuse blows. Could it be the wiring, one of the switchs or the motor?

Any way to get the window up without hooking up by hand? I'd at least like to be able to close the window until I figure this out.

Reply to
mitch

========================== See if you're getting a short in the wiring harness near the door hinge.

Reply to
Daniel

That's what I was planning to do anyway, but I couldn't figure out how a wiring short would cause the window to keep going up and down by itself.

Any idea on how to get the window up until I can get to the bottom of this?

Reply to
mitch

I was able to apply power directly to the motor and got the window up. While the door panel was off I found the wire where the short is, now I just need to figure out where on the wire the short is. There's a connector in the door pillar I'll have to get at next.

Reply to
mitch