96 Camry -- 10W-30 or 10W-40 Oil for summer months

Warm weather here in West Texas is about 2 months away -- I run Chevron

10W-30 in my 96 Camry right now but it is getting harder to find -- is 10W-40 ok for a 4 cylinder 5S-FE used for mainly city driving.
Reply to
me here

Sure, especially in Texas!

--
"I am saddened that Vietnam has yet again been inserted into the campaign."
"We do not need to divide America over who served and how."

Depends on how hot it gets. In Australia, especially inland, temps get to

40c or 105f (in the shade). I use 20-50 as recomended by the Toyota oil-grade vs temp table in the driver's handbook: 5SFE motor.

In winter where temps drop to 7c or 44f the handboof recomends 10-40. Ithink in either case, especially once the engine has worn a bit, either oil would still be ok as there is substantial over-lap in the recomended oil-grades.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James