96 Camry Air Conditioning Troubleshooting Guide

Can someone suggest to me where I can find a good troubleshooting guide for my 96 Camry air conditioner. I'd like to go down the list systematically. It looks like the compressor doesn't engage when I turn on the AC switch. I check a couple of fuses, but I'd like see something a little more thorough.

Thanks,

Reply to
jim_nospam_beasley

I don't know of any troubleshooting guide, but I can give you a few easy place to start. First, check to see if there is any refrigerant in the system. There is a pressure switch that will prevent the compressor clutch from engaging if the system is empty. Locate the LOW pressure side schraeder valve and depress it quickly with a screwdriver. if you have refrigerant in the system, you'll have a small amount shoot out of the valve. This is just a general way to tell if you have any refirgerant. The other common problem and easy test is checking the clutch with a multi meter. Unplug the compressor and find the wire that runs through the clutch. Measure continuity to ensure you don't have an open condition in the clutch coil. Low/no refrigerant and open clutch coils are two very common causes of inoperative ac systems.

Reply to
qslim

Hello, it is ver easy my friend. you can go to

there you will find all what you need about your car from A~Z. Evenrepair manual and how to test evrything in your car provided that youhave the enough tools for your testing.

Reply to
Nubian

Thanks, I don't think I have seen the one on AC, and the troubleshooting table there helpd, along with the pictures that show where things are.

I pulled the magnetic clutch relay out and put it back in and the compressor runs now. Cool air comes out of the vents on the pasenger side, but I don't think it's coming out evenly to the driver side vents. Also, there is a lot of squeeking when the compressor starts. I assume that's something with the belt, but I don't know if something else might be up besides that.

Reply to
jim_nospam_beasley