'96 Camry Problem

I'm having a strange electrical problem with my Camry. Dashboard gauges, AC, and fan have stopped working I've replace the fuse and everything was working again until I put the car in reverse. Reverse blows the fuse for the dashboard gauges, AC and the fan. ???? What can it be???? What should I change/go after ???? Help !!

Thank you

Reply to
Grzesio

I suspect that it is dashboard light that indicates when you have shifted into reverse that is shorting out part of the electrical system. But I would also check the backup lights on the back of your car.

Reply to
Mark A

I don't think this is anything you can really get into without a wiring diagram and the knowledge of how to use it. You'll have to see what circuit or component the gauges, ac, and fan have in common with the reverse light circuit. This isn't really a "diagnose over the internet" type of problem. Could be any number of things, so guessing which parts to replace without effectively diagnosing the problem will likely lead to a waste of time and money.

qslim