'96-era Wagon owners: does your lift gate lift?

I recently bought a used 96 Camry Wagon, V6. The rear lift gate takes some muscle to open it--it doesn't just go up itself. Are my lift cylinders worn out, or is this the way the Camry wagon lift gate behaves when new?

Thanks,

Chris

Reply to
C. Morris

I don't own one but I guarantee they are worn out. I've never looked but I've always heard that cheap replacemtents can be found at most auto parts stores.

Reply to
Art

Almost surely your gas cylinders are leaking. A symptom is that the problem is worse in cold weather.

John

Reply to
John Briggs