'96 seatbelt jammed,.how to fix.

I was putting the seatbelt on and I pulled it a bit too hard which caused it to lock, then I pulled it again very quickly after the lock and it jammed ie I couldn't get it to release, no matter what I did, including stopping the car and pulling on it a few times.

So I quickly unclipped the pillar plastic cover to reveal the return and seatbelt lock mechanism.It came good when I simply leaned down and pushed the wheel with the belt wound around it in the same direction to withdraw the belt back into the wheel. This was met with slight sticking,..but a little pressure caused it to come free and retract. I than tested the belt by jerking it (as would accur in an accident) and it locked. Once presure was released it reeled the belt back in,...problem fixed.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James