97 camry audio upgrade....need help

Just wondering if you guys can help me out. I like to upgrade the cassette audio system (that is also anti theft!) in my 97 camry XLE to a mp3 audio system...............

  1. How easy it is to remove th anti theft cassette system............

  1. Would any after market mp3 works in 97 camry............

3.Has anyone tried any Scion-Pineer mp3 double din in 97 camry?.....shown here
Thanks for your time and help.

--Nasim

Reply to
Nasim

==================== Check Crutchfield on the Internet - leader in the field for decades - and they'll include model specific instlallation instructions plus wiring adapters.

Check their selection of Alpine - generally reputed to have best sound (even with stock speakers) and some include mp3 at quite reasonable pricing.

Reply to
Daniel

The anti-theft radio also has an remote amplifier that you will need to remove --- the wires to it would go to the new radio. Aren't the new Yota and Scion radios wider (7 1/16 vice new 7 7/8")?

Wolfgang