97 Camry EGR valve

How does this come out.?? I see two bolts on the rear of the manifold, are they to be loosened and the valve slides out?? The Hayes book does not go into detail on this.

TIA

Reply to
cmuller

johngdole

"" wrote: > There are nuts that tighten to the manifold and two bolts for > the egr > pipe. all four are loosened to take the valve out. But if you > pull the > vacuum on it and the engine stumbles or stalls then there is > no need to > take it off except if you want to replace it for some reason. > > cmuller wrote: > > How does this come out.?? I see two bolts on the rear of the > manifold, are > > they to be loosened and the valve slides out?? The Hayes > book does not go > > into detail on this. > > > > TIA

I found that the nuts holding the EGR to the pipe (from the exhaust manifold) were rusted too badly to remove. Instead I removed the EGR AND the pipe together. This involves undoing the compression fitting that is on the other end of the pipe (at the exhaust manifold). It?s a

21mm usually. It can be tricky to get to (the inlet manifold gets in the way), but it does loosen fairly easily once you get good access.
Reply to
JMerr10385