97 Camry Plastic Probem

I have had a problem with the plastic in the Camry 97 XLE. Bothe of the visoe mirrors ahd had plastic pinsrip on bothe the passanger and drivers doors.

Another problem tht concerned me creatly was that the plastic mount for the handle (the black one) fractured on the bottom and the handle fro the driver egress broke. This caused the outside drivers handle to not function ad afee "capturing" the drivere in a car witha potentially unsafe condition, no flight just fight ruie. Not a pretty picture in an emergency

I'm trying to JB weld the internal parts to be stronger than the originals. Does anyone out there have other experiences with these problems???

Just don't like being trapped inside a car on fire

Lee

Reply to
GCSC, Inc

Cant really tell what your problem is... Whats wrong with the visor mirrors? Get new ones Pinstripes on the doors? Easy to replace door handle, inside, outside? cant tell...These parts wear out after nearly 10 years just get new parts and install.

Reply to
Rob

The visor mirror cover hinges break easily. Toyota came out with a replacement visor with an improved mirror.(Tech service bulletin BO025-01). The catch: the visor costs about $100. I am not sure if the original design mirror parts are available.

Try a junkyard.

Jim Reply to newsgroup

Reply to
James Andrus