97 camry steering noise

Great car--75000 miles. Few days ago, noticed an intermittent grinding noise (sort of a deep throated putt putt) when I turn hard to the left or the right--even when parking. Any ideas and do I need to worry?

Reply to
soj12

Get it looked at - Camry does not make these kind of noise...

"soj12" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Camry_guy

Reply to
alvinstraight38
  1. Check your CV boots and joints, they could be really worn out and/or running dry of grease from a split boot.

  1. Power steering fluid low like he said, or clogged pressure relief valve in same(never turn your steering wheel all the way in either direction, bad for power steering)

Reply to
marc780 via CarKB.com