Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 97 Camry stuck door lock
July 25, 2011, 10:23 pm
rate this thread
position. I can't flip the lock by hand -- it gets stuck halfway. So
there's no way to lock that door.
I tried wiggling it with the door open and closed, flipping the child
lock, and operating the power locks several times, and it didn't help.
Any idea what the problem could be, and how to fix it? Should I try
taking out the mounting screw for the interior door handle assembly to
see what's going on inside?
Re: 97 Camry stuck door lock
Hi Jimmy, I think it would be just as easy to take the interior cover off the door
its quite easy.
Its maybe a rod that activate the lock has got part disturbed or come loose.
They are on my 1995 only maybe 5 mm aluminium rods.
That push pull.
There is maybe a relay that actives it from that rocker switch.
But a good physical inspection first may answer all your questions.
Keep in touch.
- » 2001 Toyota camry stalling right after I start it.
- — Newest thread in » Toyota Camry
- » Decent Independent garage Rugeley, Staffs way?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Car Maintenance
- » 2015 Prius MFD resets every 5 minutes multi function display
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Toyota Prius