97 Camry stuck door lock

Threaded View
One of the rear door locks on my 97 Camry is stuck in the unlocked
position.  I can't flip the lock by hand -- it gets stuck halfway.  So
there's no way to lock that door.

I tried wiggling it with the door open and closed, flipping the child
lock, and operating the power locks several times, and it didn't help.

Any idea what the problem could be, and how to fix it?  Should I try
taking out the mounting screw for the interior door handle assembly to
see what's going on inside?

Jimmy

Re: 97 Camry stuck door lock

Hi Jimmy,

I think it would be just as easy to take the interior cover off the door
its quite easy.
Its maybe a rod that activate the lock has got part disturbed or come loose.
They are on my 1995 only maybe 5 mm aluminium rods.
That push pull.
There is maybe a relay that actives it from that rocker switch.
But a good physical inspection first may answer all your questions.

Keep in touch.

Johnny UK

Re: 97 Camry stuck door lock

My problem is the lock is stuck in the locked position, so I can't open the (driver's) door to remove the panel.

Site Timeline