97 Camry stuck door lock

One of the rear door locks on my 97 Camry is stuck in the unlocked position. I can't flip the lock by hand -- it gets stuck halfway. So there's no way to lock that door.
I tried wiggling it with the door open and closed, flipping the child lock, and operating the power locks several times, and it didn't help.
Any idea what the problem could be, and how to fix it? Should I try taking out the mounting screw for the interior door handle assembly to see what's going on inside?
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,
I think it would be just as easy to take the interior cover off the door its quite easy. Its maybe a rod that activate the lock has got part disturbed or come loose. They are on my 1995 only maybe 5 mm aluminium rods. That push pull. There is maybe a relay that actives it from that rocker switch. But a good physical inspection first may answer all your questions.
Keep in touch.
Johnny UK
On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:50:16 AM UTC-4, Johnny Melvin wrote:

My problem is the lock is stuck in the locked position, so I can't open the (driver's) door to remove the panel.