97 camry v6 How do I change the rear spark plugs!!

Anybody know how to change the rear spark plugs on the v6.Thanks

Reply to
specialkkl

One reason I bought the 4 cylinder. You need an assortment of extensions and universal joints, patience and slender arms. Try putting the socket on the plug first, then attaching the extensions. You might find a spark plug socket with the universal joint built in which could be helpful.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I did them on my 97 V6. Extensions did the trick. It is a pain!

Steve

Reply to
steve

split the case

--

Mad Biker

Did the job in under an hour. Remove the inlet manifold and all is easy to get to. You'll need to replace the gasket, but no stripped threads and cut knuckles.

Reply to
Louis Joffe

Actually you don't have to remove the intake manifold. I've done a bunch of these V6s Camry, Avalon, ES300. Usually takes 30-40 min front & rear. Avalons are the easiest since you have a lot more room. You will need a clever mind and an assortment of extensions

3" and 6" and a universal joint. A ratchet with a head that tilts is helpful too but not necessary. Make sure the screw the plug by hand with the extension til it's snug don't use the ratchet or you will cross thread.

cut

Reply to
Rog