97 Toyota Camry LE A/C troubleshooting.

I have a 97 camry and the a/c cools fine, when the compressor cycles, the amber light on the a/c switch starts flashing and the a/c stops working.switch the system switch off then back on and a/c works fine once again. What does this flashing light indicate? the system is leak free with no bubbles in the sightglass.

Reply to
yukonron

slipping belt?

Factory spec calls for these belts to be fairly tight, and they do loosen shortly after installation so first step would be to check tension and condition (glazed belt surface?, if so just replace with factory original belt)

Reply to
Daniel

This happens to me when I have the A/C on and ride over a puddle, only happens if it's raining real bad and hit one of those little ponds. I guess it would do the same thing if I drove it into the lake. Anyway I shut it off and then turn it back on after a while.. car(96 camry dx) has 235k on it and has done this since I bought it w/ 11k on it.

Reply to
steve-o

The only time that happens to me is when I go through a deep puddle. Afterwards, turning the engine off, then back on seems to fix it. If yours isn't wet then perhaps a short circuit exists? Just guessing...

John Darnielle

Reply to
John Darnielle