98 Camry alarm shut off

My girlfriend has a 98 Toyota Camry, she had a new battery put in and since this has activated the alarm system. She has been seting it off since and now hates her car. We have called three Toyota dealers and they all had different things to try but none have worked. Any help would be appreciated. Also she has no remote entry key thing, she bought the car used and didn't get one.

Reply to
Will

Wolfgang

I bought my alarm from this dude off eBay. He gave the instructions along with the purchase and it was an easy way to setup the alarm.

I am in no way connected to him except for the purchase that I made with him. Fast service.

On another note, does anybody know how to reset the alarm totally? I bought a 2000 camry with only 1 remote and bought one off eBay, as I only got one alarm and one key with my car. That being I am afraid that the previous owner still have the other set of remote/keys. Is there a way to reprogram the alarm (not the remote) and start from scratch?

I did find some instruction on Sienna 1997-1998 (RS3000) alarm reprograming but it was of an older version than then 2000 camry. That instuction mentioned that there is a reset button on the ECU (electronic brain of the alarm), and all I need to do is to hold it for 5 seconds and then 3 seconds. I went under the dash today and did not locate any buttons at all.

Thanks.

Reply to
skewe

Give these people a call (or e-mail) and they'll set you up - make your girlfriend happy with her newly functioning alarm - probably has a convenient remote unlock feature - unless the system is broken - seems odd the prior seller wouldn't furnish the remote - the remote usually substitutes for opening the door with a key, so you'd use it all the time. ETAAG sounds European, but it an acronym for East Texas Auto Group. They had the best pricing I found for original equipment (not aftermarket) remote replacements.

If she's really set on disabling it, rather than using it, find an alarm installation shop, and they should be able to permanently disarm it for you.

Reply to
nospampls2002