'98 Camry: whistling sound coming from front right wheel

Hello,

lately I noticed something weird in my '98 Camry.

Once during parking I turned the steering wheel all the way to the right. I might have done this a little bit more forcefully than I had to, because I heard a bizzare noise coming from the front of the car (kind of like a factory siren only more subtle?). After that, while driving, I would hear a very faint "whistling" sound coming from the front right part of the car (possibly wheel?). The whistling sound still persists.

Did I screw up anything in the steering system due to my sloppy wheel-turnin'?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Bartek

Reply to
Bartek

Do you hear the noise when the car is stationary but engine running? If so your drive belts are probably slipping. The belts are on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

Steering pumps have pressure bypass valves so it's less likely the problem if it didn't have the noise before.

Check the simpler things first.

Reply to
johngdole