98 camry window regulator

my drivers window regulator busted the other day and the window fell INTO the door, like inside of it, clunking and everything. this happened to anyone else? it ended up being about 180 all together (parts+labor) to get the fix. any way to tell if this is gonna happen to any of my other windows?

98 camry LE 2.2L in-line 4 monkeykong
Reply to
monkeykong

My '93 did same thing after 90k miles -- at a toll both 1/2 way into a trip on a weekend. Part was $90 --- but part of the regulator that failed was a

25 cent piece of plastic (which can not be bought separately).

windows?

Reply to
Wolfgang