'99 camry, brake booster hose diameter?

I noticed that when my car was cold, just before starting the engine, the b rake pedal is very stiff.

When starting the car when the engine is warm, this doesn't seem to be a pr oblem.

I did some research which pointed to the brake booster hose. The one near the master cylinder seems fine, but this hose leads to the other side of th e car, and there's another hose on the left side of the engine (when lookin g from the front of the car) leading into the left side of the throttle bod y. This hose for me is loose, even with the clamp there.

The hose looks kind of beat up anyway (little scar marks all over it) so I' d like to replace it. About a foot or so should do it.

I *think* it's a 1/4" hose, but... anyone have better info?

Probably it's a metric diameter hose (6mm?) but... I'll just try the Americ an hoses from the local supply store first.

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

brake pedal is very stiff.

problem.

r the master cylinder seems fine, but this hose leads to the other side of the car, and there's another hose on the left side of the engine (when look ing from the front of the car) leading into the left side of the throttle b ody. This hose for me is loose, even with the clamp there.

I'd like to replace it. About a foot or so should do it.

ican hoses from the local supply store first.

Looks like it's closer to 1/2 inch inner diameter...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

he brake pedal is very stiff.

a problem.

ear the master cylinder seems fine, but this hose leads to the other side o f the car, and there's another hose on the left side of the engine (when lo oking from the front of the car) leading into the left side of the throttle body. This hose for me is loose, even with the clamp there.

o I'd like to replace it. About a foot or so should do it.

erican hoses from the local supply store first.

I ended up buying 2 feet of 9.5mm hose from O'Reilly. It was a little loos e, but new clamps fixed that after tightening. I only needed one foot of h ose, for future reference.

9.5mm = 3/8", if it helps.

Probably the original size was 8mm. Dunno.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett