99 Camry - Dashboard 'Indicator Symbol' - Tail Light?

I own a Camry 99 and recently an indicator light just came on as I step on the brake pedal. The light resembles a car with apparent lights turned on the back of the car. I don't own the Owner's manual but reading other posts it says that it's related to tail lights. I checked all the lights in the back and front and they were ok. I even replaced the stop/brake ones to no avail. The indicator still comes on as soon as I step on the brake to start driving..

--
Rafael A. Peña
Washington, D.C.

Have someone outside looking when you test all lights and turn signals, something is burnt out.

Reply to
m Ransley

How about the high mount brake light in the back window? Is it working?

Reply to
zonie

There is a bulb check sensor. It is a yellow box near either the right or left trunk hinge. It may need replacing but Toyota wants like 150 dollars. Some people take apart and try to resolder cold solder joints.

Reply to
edmechanic

zonie wrote: || How about the high mount brake light in the back window? Is it || working?

THAT was, indeed, the only light that has burnt out, so far, on MY 99 Camry.

BTW, when my headlights burn out, can I, safely, replace them with better, i.e. more illumination, headlight bulbs? I'm thinking of those ones that appear much brighter (bluish white) that the original, yellowish white, ones.

Reply to
Horatio

posts

no

start

Hi,

Is this not also tied in to the Fluid Level in the BRAKE FLUID Dashpot.

When I had that problem it was the Break Light Bulb.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

that was it extingished the light on dash

Reply to
sheriannlee