99 camry Left Turn signal.

Left turn signal works fine until I turn on head-light. when head-lights are on the Left turn signal start to blinking fast. please halp me

Reply to
tejab

========== Remove the turn signal bulb, clean the contacts and bend up the contact at the base for a better electrical connection.

Reply to
Daniel

In addition to Daniel's advise put dielectric grease on the bulb base. This will help avoid corrosion.

Reply to
Clay

I have never seen the contacts on a turn signal bulb socket corroded. The problem is that the spring contact is too thin and loses tension against the bulb. Do as the first responder suggested and lift up the contact to make sure it makes tighter contact against the bulb.

Reply to
Mark A

The problem is a missing ground on the turn signal bulb. The reason it works at all is that the headlight provides an adequate, low resistance ground. But when you turn the headlight(s) on, both sides of the turn signal light are up at the battery level. So there is no current through the turnsignal bulb and it goes out.

So, check the ground run on the turn signal. These used to be just the body of the car but with all the plastic body parts today, a ground wire must be run. Your library will probably have a wiring book that will help you find the ground point.

Reply to
Stubby

The symptom reported by the OP is "Left turn signal start to blinking fast." This is indicative of a problem with bulb socket contacts not making a strong contact against the bulb, because it was made too thin and it looses it spring tension. I can vouch for this since I had to fix both sides of my

98 Camry. This problem has been reported about 100 times in this newsgroup, which you can see by looking at Google Groups archive.

I don't know where you got the idea that the "there is no current through the turnsignal bulb and it goes out." According to the OP it starts blinking fast.

Reply to
Mark A