99 Camry stop light probs.

It started when I pinched(and frayed) the wires to the trailer in the trunks locking mechanism. I had sucessfully blown a fuse and the left marker light and brake light itself blew. And the rear light failure button on the dash is showing.

I have replaced the light bulbs and fuse that I knew blew. And repaired the wiring harness for the trailer. Everything works again - except when I depress the brake pedal. i.e. turn signal, reverse lights, rear running lights, and marker lights work. Only no bright brake lights.

I need some assistance here...my fuse is gonna blow soon.

Reply to
jdurant

Johnnyboy

I think you've lost a ground in the brake lights, causing the current to backfeed into the other lights to find a ground. I suggest you go over your wiring again to see if you find a bad or missing ground. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92