99 Camry Strut Mounts

Anyone know if the strut mount for the left front side of a camry will fit on the right front side?

John

Reply to
Wulfdog

Check to see whether left and right sides have same or different part numbers.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I'm relatively sure they're different for the front. By the way. I took my 99 Camry in for a rattle in the right strut when I went over minor bumps. The dealership quoted $750 to replace both. I took it to BIG AL's Brakes and Shocks (Chain) The tecnician simply tightened the nut on the Strut Mount and the problem went away. No Charge.

Reply to
yotoman

My God, where do you guys go fer service?! The strut mount (aftermarket) is about $35! It is very easily replaced when removing the struts!

As a matter of fact, when removing the struts on *most* Toys, all you have to do is loosen the nuts holding the assembly at the bottom, and then remove the nust from the strut mount holding it to the body (Not the BIG nut holding the strut to the mount.)

Then, you can remove the whole assy without a spring compressor. You can then mount the assy in a spring compressor and remove the nut, remove the strut, and replace all. A decent garage will do this for about $200. At this point replacing the strut mount takes 5 seconds?

Reply to
HachiRoku