99 Camry wont start

Hi, I have a 99 Camry, 120000 miles. Recently the car did not start. Every time I turn the engine on, I have to push to accelerator pad to keep it running otherwise the engine will turn off. After I push the pad for a few minutes, it becomes OK to go. I thought it was a battery problem so I got a new battery. The car ran OK for a few days, then the problem came back. I do not know what is wrong. Could anyone help?

Thanks,

qq

Reply to
quickcur

Could be the alternator. It is not charging.

Take it to autozone and get a battery/alternator check It is free...

--------------------------------------- Golf Deals, Golf Product reviews and more

skewe

I don't think that's the problem, since the car starts okay but then seems to starve out, says the writer. It doesn't sound electrical, but more like fuel starvation for some reason, either clogged jets in the fuel injection, or perhaps if the fuel filter has never been changed, it could be a clogged fuel filter. But I think it's time for a mechanic to look at it if the two fuel questions are answered and there's still a problem.

Reply to
mack

It's probably caused by the "IDLE SPEED CONTROL VALVE". Sometimes cleaning the valve will solve the problem. If not, you'll need to replace it with a new one; it's expensive (about $200 + installation)!

Reply to
STEVENMEDI

Reply to
<psommerhalder