ABS

This may be a stupid question but I will ask it anyway. Can ABS be added by the dealer? I got a tremendous deal on a 2003 Solara. It does not have ABS which I would like. Can the dealer install this option now?

Reply to
Ribbet4

You mean they actually built one without ABS? WOW. You were lucky. It would be very expensive to add. It is not theoretically impossible, but the parts count would be high and frankly, if you really believe you need ABS, then you'd be better off trading in your Solara for one with ABS. It is standard on all the

2004 Solaras. I am surprised it wasn't in 2003.

Regards,

Ed White

Ribbet4 wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

Perhaps the "tremendous deal" Ribbet4 got on the car is partly due to the absence of the ABS package!

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com, C. E. White being of bellicose mind posted:

Reply to
Philip®

Why add ABS? There is no study showing that it improves stopping distances. It only helps in steering while braking. (avoidance) In the winter snow, it rattles like crazy.

by

Reply to
Rex

Probably. My Mother bought a Gand Marquis in 1992 that was over a thousand dollars cheaper than any other one we could find. I fianlly relaized that the difference was no ABS. Great car. Never missed the ABS. When we sold the car used, we got more than KBB price. The buyer was delighted that it did not have ABS.

It took me a while to find a Saturn without ABS, but it was worth the effort. Saved money now, and problems later.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

A lot of people feel that ABS offers little in the way of benefit and is more of a solution in search of a problem. YMMV

Reply to
D F Bonnett

You are ignorant. Probably a DEMONrat, too.

Reply to
SHARX.

A LOT of people are ignorant and vote DEMONrat, too.

Reply to
SHARX.

Killfiled

Reply to
D F Bonnett

Uh, huh. Typical liberal's kneejerk reaction to the truth.

Reply to
SHARX.