ABS on 1987 Camry?

HI Am looking to replace the rotors on a 1987 Camry and need to know if I have abs, it is my sisters car so I don't have it infront of me right now.

How can tell? Is there an easy way? A light on the dash?

It is an 1987 but built in late 1986.

I have the vin # if that would help. I would call the dealer but it is too late.

Thanks

Reply to
James Murphy

I doubt that car has ABS - my '93 XLE doesn't.

There would be an ABS warning light on the dash. turn the key to the ON position -- all the dash lights will come on.

Reply to
Hopkins

Hi

I will check the dash for the light.

It is the deluxe model and when I go to order rotors they ask if it has abs? I was surprised too.

Thanks

Reply to
James Murphy

On 92 and later Camry, ABS was an option. Toyota underestimated demand, especially in 1992, so it was not available in all parts of the US. I don't when it became standard equipment.

Reply to
Mark A

So ABS was standard equipment on all Camry's >before< 1992?

Reply to
Hopkins

ABS was fitted standard to my SEPT 1995 4cyl 2.2 CAMRY.

But NO Aircon.

Johnny UK.

Reply to
JM