AC unit

does anyone know where the AC unit is on a 94 camry? I just bought a recharge kit and am not sure where it is, any help is apreciated Never Forgive, Never Forget 9-11-01

Reply to
ARKADYA

Gary Danaher

Gary ... the post was a troll. LOL

Reply to
Philip®

It was no troll. I saw the recharge kit in the store and the directions seem easy. I just need to know where the AC unit is Never Forgive, Never Forget 9-11-01

Reply to
ARKADYA

The guy at the auto store told me it was a r134a on that model Never Forgive, Never Forget 9-11-01

Reply to
ARKADYA

Reply to
Gary Danaher

Reply to
Gary Danaher

A 94 Camry still has R12 FREON doesn't it? I thought 95 was first year for R134a? You can't mix the 2 and you can't buy a recharge kit anymore for R12 (maybe very opld stock at a yard sale --- but it is very costly). A/Cs are dangerous to work on if you don't know what you are doing --- plus the environmental impact.

Reply to
Wolfgang

No, 94 was R134a.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

I have a '93 Tercell and I'm pretty sure that was the last year for the old system, making the '94's the first year for 134a.

LOL!

Reply to
Paul Jensen

wow..there is a high pressure fitting and a low pressure fitting...geez, this could get ugly...and messy...and dangerous.

Reply to
ROBMURR