adjusting sprint/strut height

I had some Tokico struts and Eibach springs installed on my 2000 Solara V6 SLE over a year ago. I've been having trouble with the car pulling to the left. A local shop told me that it had to be a weak rack and pinion system after aligning my car. The dealer shop won't even look at it. So I'm stuck trying to figure this out on my own. Tonight I measured the height of the car from the wheel center to the lip of the rim on both front wheels. There appears to be a difference of about 1/2" to 3/4"! I suppost it is possible that the car is parked in such a way to cause this, but it seems pretty level to me. Anyway, is there an adjustment for springs and struts? How do I find it? Also, I noticed that the top of the strut on either side has a different number of threads showing. It seems to me that the struts aren't installed correctly. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Amazingly Smooth

I noticed that the top of the strut on either side has a

Agreed. The problem is with the installation. There is no adjustment for spring height. With new springs, height should be the same on both sides. Since it is not, that's probably why it's pulling. There is a notch in which the top of the spring end engages when properly installed. Most installers would know this. Sounds like you need to have the parts re installed, or check for a defective new part.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus