Air bag icon

I hace two toyotas, an 07 camry and an 05 corolla. The red air bag icon came on the corolla for no apparent reason. The Toyota group had no response. Everything political, little Toyota. The only advice was to bring it to a Toyota dealer. Am I the only one to have this light come on?

Ron

Reply to
ronbon

"ronbon" wrote

If the airbag light is staying on, you need to take the car to the dealer to check it out. It likely means your airbag system, or part of it, will not function in a crash. It could be as simple as a faulty seat belt latch, which should be covered under warranty (if Toyota has a lifetime seat belt warranty as does Honda).

Reply to
Howard Lester

I have Camry 2005 and had a similar case. It turned out that there was a loose pin connector under front passanger seat. I think somebody moved an object under the seat and pulled out the connector partially. Fortunatly my car was under warranty at that time and Toyota dealer fixed the issue for free.

Reply to
Wes