air bag inspection?

My 96 camry says, on the driver's side sun visor, to have the airbag inspected in 10 years, and every 2 years after. The car's 10 years old now.

I called the Toyota service dept, and they said not to worry about the airbag system. (!? Who would have thought they'd say no to cash.)

Is this really the case, don't worry about it? What airbag inspection is meant, anyway? (Do they mean inspect the electrical system, or the explosives that detonate the airbag?)

Reply to
mrdarrett

I got the same answer when I asked a Tech whose opinion I trust - and I haven't found anything in the Toyota Factory service manual either. The main thing they check is that the air bag light comes on when you turn on the ignition and that it goes off when you start the car, which amounts to an electronic self check of all the sensors.

Reply to
Daniel