Air Condioner Filter

Apparently, my 02 Camry has a filter for the air conditioner that is supposed to be changed. Can someone tell me where it is? (I'm not talking about the air cleaner for the engine).

--
DrWho
Reply to

Behind the glovebox.

Reply to
qslim

Open the glovebox as normal. Then, remove the single screw on the right side. Pinch in the sides of the glovebox, which will allow the glovebox to open fully. The air filter cartridge will now be viewable. Slide it out, remember how it was situated within the frame, and replace it.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

As "qslim" and "Steve B" have replied, the filter is behind your glovebox. Everyone who owns Toyotas (and Lexus) should appreciate how easy this is to change. Other manufacturers have designed it so that parts of the dash would have to be removed. This would necessitate for some to have a mechanic change it (and pay about $100).

Reply to
Viperkiller

Thanks Steve B and qslim.

--
DrWho
Reply to

Apparently, my 02 Camry has a filter for the air conditioner that is supposed to be changed. Can someone tell me where it is? (I'm not talking about the air cleaner for the engine).

look in the owners manual given you when you got the car all the info in there for changing the "cabin" filter

Reply to
Herbnn