Air intake hose for V6 Camry

Found some cracks in the air intake hose of my V6 Camry and trying to find this part other than a dealer is quite a chore. Dealer wants 120$ for this item, was thinking maybe someone can steer me to a more reasonable alternative.

Reply to
PaulT

Check your yellow pages and give the local salvage auto parts (junk yard) vendor a call. Major chain stores pull transmissions from there and install it in people's cars. I'm sure you can find reasonably new air intake hoses. It's probably not worth $120 for some rubber air ducts.

PaulT wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

============== There are many online sources that will provide genuine Toyota parts at discounted prices. Sometimes, the local dealer will even bend if you're straightforward with them. I use only Toyota parts, but rarely pay retail even at the local dealer. It is just too costly. My favorite has become Lincoln Frash at Butler Toyota,

because he had the most prompt and professional quote when I was looking for bids for a long parts list in connection with timing belt replacement a few years ago. The parts numbers have always been exactly correct and pricing reasonable, whereas sorry to say, when checking local dealer quotes, I have also found errors in the part number. Although, the local Toyota parts manager has recently been matching the online prices and has also been accurate with the parts numbers, so I've been making a point of seeking him out for larger orders.

Reply to
Daniel

I've had good luck with both

and
FWIW YMMV

Reply to
NickySantoro

it's about $70 from toyotadiscountparts.com

davemc

Reply to
davemac

Yeah, two short segments of rubber ducts on both sides of a resonator. It depends on how much people want to spend.

davemac wrote:

Reply to
johngdole