Airbag Indicator Light - 2001 Camry

Greetings:

The dash airbag warning light comes on at odd times. We've taken the car to the dealer and, of course, they are not able to duplicate the problem and therefore can not diagnose.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Len

Reply to
Leonard M. Wapner
8-24-2005

does it occur while driving ?

Reply to
dt

Did the dealer tell you what code they pulled from the computer for the money you spent?

You might want to try Autozone and see if their OBD II reader can read the airbag codes from the car. That should tell you if it's a sensor or other problems.

Le> Greetings:

Reply to
johngdole

"" wrote: > Greetings: > > The dash airbag warning light comes on at odd times. We've > taken the car to > the dealer and, of course, they are not able to duplicate the > problem and > therefore can not diagnose. > > Ideas? > > Thanks, > > Len

I don?t think the code reader will work for the SRS(airbag) system. I think the procedure to read the code is to turn ignition to ACC or ON and wait 20 seconds and jump terminals Te and El of the DLC1 or DLC2 and then the airbag light will flash you the fault code(s). Search for the code meanings. There is also a procedure to clear the code(s) as well, turn ignition to ACC or ON and wait 6 seconds and jump terminals(TO A GOOD GROUND) Tc(.5 seconds) then AB(.5) then Tc(.5) then AB(.5) then hold TC. Airbag light will flash very fast(50milliseconds) if done correctly. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER CONNECTIONS on the diagnostic port!

Reply to
noodlerooney