Alarm for new 2003 Camry

Would installing a car alarm cause any harm to this vehicle (electrical, etc.)? I'm split on this issue, one friend tells me not to mess with it, another that it won't harm it at all. Does anyone here have an alarm installed in their 2003 Camry?

Any help here will greatly be appreciated!

Reply to
Fox

Buy the OEM Fijitsu Ten VIP 3200 --- it works with the keyless entry and is installed without cutting a single wire --- it plugs into factory harness. You can get it from one of the online discount dealers for $240 or so (Jay Marks or Romania Motors). Aftermarket alarms are often real problems since they are not installed properly -- they cut wires and merely tape the connections. Go with the OEM alarm.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I just use the engine immobilizer in my 2002 Camry LE V6 as enough security. Why spend $$ on alarms when you have insurance and when they are far better vehicles the punks can steal then my Camry?

Reply to
Car Guy

In my area the Camry is the #1 stolen vehicle. I had an after market alarm/car starter installed for roughly the same price a OEM alarm would have cost me. OEM doesn't have an impact sensor. Only goes off if the door is opened. I have had no problems with my Viper 550 ESP since I had it put in last year (2002 Camry). I don't know if you need the starter portion of the unit but it gets cold where I am (-50 C), so it would be cheaper for you for just an alarm.

Reply to
P J H

Forgot to mention I have the keyless entry set up to work through the alarm remote so you only need one remote.

Reply to
P J H