Amsoil

Does anyone use Amsoil products in their Camry's? I have a 2002 LE and have been using Amsoil since about 8000km (currently at 90,000km). I was using the SDF10 filter until they changed it to a EaO10 part #. The EaO10 leaks like a sieve. I mean a nice puddle under the car. I have tried 2 filters and they both do the same thing. Does not do it with any other filter though (ie. Fram, blah). I put these filters on myself so I know they are on right. Hand tightened, gasket not wrinkled, etc. Anyone else have this prob? Have not gotten anywhere with the company except for a refund for the filters. Can you recomend a decent synthetic filter I can use instead? Thanks

Reply to
Murcatroid

Synthetic filters? Boy, does Amsoil have you snowed.

You can get Mobil 1 filters at Advance Auto stores. You can get Purolator PurOne filters almost anywhere at about half the price of Mobil 1 and they work just fine. If you are concerned about non- synthetic filter life simply replace the PurOne every 5000 miles and top up the oil level as needed.

Happy Motoring

Reply to
ACAR

I think I would use a decent oil, instead.

Reply to
Hachiroku

No problem with the oil, just the filter. Been using Amsoil for 11 years in my Toyotas and it's been excellent. Regular oil analysis shows very little engine wear. I'm happy with it. Personal preference I guess.

I think I would use a decent oil, instead.

Reply to
Murcatroid

Yeah, I swear by Castrol GTX myself...

I'm just curious as to why it would need a special filter! But, as one person suggested, try a Mobil 1 filter...and be prepared to PAY!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

For a filter a Toy is probably best , its anti drain and pressure relief are sure to be right, For Oil Mobil 1 is proven.

Reply to
ransley