And now the Bull starts

It was woman.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

She forgot to mention that she was going down a steep 2 mile hill at the time, and drafting an 18 wheeler.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The law firm of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

She's looking for the easy payoff... gotta feel sorry for those ES350 drivers.

Reply to
Mark

Here's the steep hill,

FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Now the bull starts, and you are the one starting it. Did you know 70% of Toyotas complaints for self acceleration don`t even cover the recalled cars, that is from Toyotas own internal documents. And of course you were with the lady when her occurance happened, so you Know its bull for a fact.

Reply to
ransley

Uh, you must be mistaken. This fellow knows quite a bit about cars. And his auto insights have shown the Toyota problem is really GM's fault, along with Toyota owners who have lied before Congress. I would go so far as to say he is the world's foremost expert. And he has been kind enough to bring his Toyota insights to the tech group to educate all of us who do mechanical work on cars. I can't tell tell you how much we appreciate that.

Reply to
Bob Cooper

In an effort to change the "boring to drive" image, Toyota was partnering with Subaru to build more exciting cars. Well, they really did it. Toyota cars are now extremely exciting.

Reply to
Bob Jones

A woman testified before Congress that when her Toyota began accelerating uncontrollably she "put the car in neutral and it had no effect, I stepped on the brakes and it had no effect, I applied the emergency brake and it had no effect, I even tried to put the car into reverse and I couldn't."

Huh? Putting the car in neutral had no effect? Someone provide with with a clue on this one.

BTW< the car was a Lexus.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I wonder who paid her?

Reply to
Hachiroku

I missed the drafting part...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I wound *never* trust a claim like this from *any* corporation. Fox, henhouse etc Ben

Reply to
ben91932

Is it as steep as this?

GM stock from 1965-ish to present.

Reply to
M.A. Stewart

Gee, ransley...putting it in neutral didn't stop it...using the brakes didn't stop it...using the e-brake didn't stop it?

Either she's full of shit, or (more likely) should probably be riding the bus.

Or both.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Don't mention it. Any time you need any help, you just ask me. I'd be glad to help you out. You do know what a car is, right?

Here, one more time for you:

Reply to
Hachiroku

all under oath...

i've been to hearings like this and seen people perjure themselves with very little provocation or pay. it's not uncommon.

Reply to
jim beam

nah, she's riding the wallet of the people paying her to perjure herself.

Reply to
jim beam

I'm not sure she perjured herself, but I'd bet she should NOT be behind the wheel of a car. ANY car.

If you can't handle a situation like that, you shouldn't be driving. As I said, she probably had it in "Sport" and didn't bring it back through the gate into Neutral. That's the only way the car wouldn't stop in neutral.

And she must have gotten it stopped SOMEHOW, since she was there to tell the tale.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nah, that's the correct data pertaining to Global Warming...

Reply to
Hachiroku

oh, she's perjuring herself. i've seen this stuff many times - there's a certain theatrical circus show to these things - and a cadre of individuals that will show up and say the most blatantly untrue bullshit in terms that make the average vaudevillian look like an amateur.

one case i saw, some dude showed up in a medial gown, with i.v. drips taped to his arm testifying about some doctor saving his life. thing was, this individual was shown not to be a patient of that doctor, nor could he have been at the facility concerned. it was just theater designed for show and to help sway a decision. i guess there's out-of-work actors that need money /real/ bad.

Reply to
jim beam