Ash Tray?

OK, I am an older type individual who still has the horrible habit of smoking. Not withstanding the pros and cons of that habit, what are similar folks using as an ashtray for the newer Toyota vehicles, specifically a 2008 Avalon, that don't have an ashtray? Using a soup can or a tuna can with some water in it in one of the cup holders does not seem to be a particularly elegant solution. I know that this is supposedly a Camry group, but the generic Toyota group does not appear to one that has any meaningful Toyota discussion. But we also have a Camry.

Regards, Dan

Reply to
Dan Schumacher

There are ashtrays one can purchase that fit in your cupholder. They come with a lid also.

Reply to
badgolferman

I doubt that Toyota would be able to sell a car without an ashtray in the Asian market, that is, if my understanding that the people there love that nasty habit is true. I don't believe I have ever seen a car without an AT. Can this be the first mass produced car in history to have this traditional necessity removed? Anyway, I think it a nasty habit but you should be pissed that Toyota has such a low regard for your embattled group. :-(

david

Reply to
dsi1

In the US more and more cars are becoming smoke-free, with ashtrays as an option ($$$).

Reply to
johngdole

It turns out that the optional cup holder ashtray for the Avalon is the same one as for the Camry. Cost is about $17-19, depending upon the dealer.

Regards, Dan

Reply to
Dan Schumacher

Meaning that in all likelihood, you could buy the same thing (or something that will fill the bill just as well), for about $3.95 at Kragen or AutoZone.

Reply to
mack