Auto dimming mirror

How come the auto-dimming mirror is not activated by strong direct sun light (through the rear window), yet it's so sensitive to headlights?

'02 Camry.

--Ibrahim

Reply to
Ibrahim

Because the sensor is in the lower part of the mirror. Sunlight coming in the back window isn't going to reach it.

Reply to
Bill & Lynda

Thanks for responding.

Hmmmm, you may be right; I hope you're right. I was talking about those days when the sun is really low over the horizon, either rising or setting, that you can see it in the rear view mirror, yet the mirror doesn't dim.

I guess I will have to check it again to make sure the sensor is aligned.

Reply to
Ibrahim