Automatic headlight sensitivity

Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the automatic headlights in my 2005 Camry? I want them to come on sooner as it gets dark. I don't mind turning on my own headlights, really, but this feature is there, and I'd like to be able to have it work the way *I* want it to work . . . .

The owners' manual says that the sensitivity can be changed, but doesn't suggest how; " . . . have the sensor adjusted by your Toyota dealer."

I was in at my Toyota dealer yesterday and the service guy said something like "That's something we can't change . . . ." and I was toooo lazy to drag out the manual and show him.

So, has anyone out there had the sensitivity of their automatic headlights changed? If so, how was it done?

-Don

Reply to
Don Fearn

I had the same concern and, just as you did, asked the dealer to adjust the sensor. I got just about the same reply as you did, too!!

Fotofreak

Reply to
FotoFreak