Bathurst

When will they Toyota Camry make an appearance and win Bathurst?

Reply to
Harry Potty

Phil Growcott

In it's class? The V6 may just be capable of that.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Harry Potty wrote in news:Xns9414319B68ABpotty@

210.49.20.254:

Ha, ha, ha, ha...............

Reply to
Ron McGrice

No, it would more likely be a Avalon as this is the same market segment as the other 2

In any case they would get the Nissan GTR treatment after they start winning and be axed,i believe Magna would be happy to enter too

Ford and Holden don't want any outsiders coming in ,closed minded about this

Anyway these V8Supercars are NOWHERE like they use to be road registered production cars , total crok really

CDIHL

Reply to
CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlah®

yeah, whereas I can walk into a dealer and buy an f1 car...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

don't think it had anything to do with stifling technology... more like creating a racing class that people wanted to watch...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

As the pace car ? :-p

Reply to
Dan---

And it aint gonna change any time soon.

Reply to
Dan---

oh, so now you want to whinge about marketing? go ahead, marketing is a load of shit. I thought everyone knew that. I think the ford focus marketing campaign is a shitload worse though, but that doesn't tarnish my view that the wrc is a fantastic competition.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

A F1 vehicle has nothing to do with SEDAN cars,never seen Ferrari try to promote a model of its car based on a F1 racer,yet Holden are currently running a advert about Sundays win and 25 years of Commondore based that they are connected

CROK

CDIHL

Reply to
CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlah®

, but that doesn't tarnish

Nor it shouldn't either I just find ads on motor sport as intervals for me to go for a piss and get some more beer. ;-)

Reply to
Dan---

Only as long as the competition is knobbled :)

Reply to
Kieron

Toyota could do a quick survey at a few old peoples homes to see if they watched Bathurst, then they would know if they are reaching a traget market

You need to get your fact straight on this Hatz

Yep, and its easy to work out why, see below.

marketing

Reply to
Kieron

do people actually WATCH the ads? Is their fridge empty?

Reply to
Scribble

Judging by the story the other weekend on RPM, Toyota and Mitsubishi have no interest in V8 Supertaxis. It seems the only people making a big deal about them joining the series is Cochrane and his cronies trying to claim the series is so popular.

Reply to
Ricky Polinski

which it is.

Toyota/Mrbishis demographic for the Avalon/Magna are usually down the bowling club on Sundays when the racing is on so its not worth entering.

Reply to
Kieron

It doesn't take that long to get a beer.

Reply to
'agent

No that's true, but getting rid of the last one and heating up a pie adds to the time ;0)

Reply to
Scribble

That's wrong,otherwise Toyota would/nt be in F1 and Mitsubishi in WRC

Both would field a team if allowed

CDIHL

Reply to
CAV.Dott.Ing.HatzOlah®