Battery changing again

Hi. This got buried in an earlier post and I never got an answer.

I have a 2001 4 cyl camry. It has aftermarket power remote door locks

installed by Toyota Gulf South, the importer. There is a red light that

blinks when their locked. If I change the battery will I have a problem with

the radio or the door locks? I don't see any other security system and I see

no way to enter a code to the radio. There is an alarm that can be set off. You restore it by just clicking the key fob.

Thanks

Reply to
Roger Blake

Why don't you ask Gulf States Toyota or your dealer. Since it is not a Toyota product (the after-market door locks) why do you think any of us know about it?

Reply to
Mark A

Toyota radios are not code protected. Maybe some XLEs are different.

But in general changing the car battery should affect anything. Make sure to disable the alarm so it won't activate when the new battery is installed. Remote entry is just power door lock. The alarm you mention may just be a "panic" botton and not an alarm?

If the dealer installed a VIP brand alarm system then you can call Fujitsu-Ten to have them "fax back" the manual on how to add/delete remotes (search web "fujitsu-ten fax back") or even how to install the alarm. But if it's other aftermarket brands then only the deal will know and it's anyone's guess..

Roger Blake wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Well it is a Toyota product. I is just not the factory installed. It has red light in the dash that blinks when set but nothing with any numbers that you set. It does not work the trunk so it may differ from most Toyota's, I am not sure. I in the New Orleans area last time I checked the dealership was in a trailer.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Sounds like my Gulf States 2000 Camry. The door lock and entry alarm should not be affected. After the battery change you will probably get to program the radio buttons again and maybe reset the clock.

Reply to
Charlie

Thanks all for this info.

Reply to
Roger Blake

To avoid problems with the radio and door locks, jump the old battery with another one. Use lengths of electrical wire to keep 12v DC to the battery cables when you remove them (very carefully).

The radio will loose its station selection memory. If the radio has anti-theft prevention (in most cases it states this on the front panel) and you or someone else has set the code, the code will need to be reentered for the radio to work. The code needs to have been set, if not set, nothing will happen.

Reply to
toyomoho

All Toyota alarms except XLE after installed by the dealer, not the factory. The Toyota VIP alarm didn't have a trunk opener. (Does it now in 07?)

If it's a Toyota alarm installed afterwards you should have a Toyota symbol on the remote. It's most likely the RS-3200 series made by Fujitsu-Ten. Call their fax back number 310 327-9905 to get the manual if needed. It'll tell you how to reset the remotes, add remotes, how to install the alarm system and all the other goodies. .

Roger Blake wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Figure out your issues, gee what are you going to do if you ever leave the lighs on or the battery just dies, have a heart attack!

Reply to
m Ransley