Beck-Arnley Ignition Parts?

I'm looking for a good quality distributor cap and rotor for our '95 Camry four sedan. The car has 187k miles on it, and we won't be keeping it more than two more years at most, so I'm inclined to go aftermarket after spending $35 on plugs, but only if the parts will work ok. How is this brand? Any better aftermarket versions? Best online source for these parts? I've already picked up NAPA plug wires. Come to think of it, I could also use a low-tone horn for the '95 wagon, which hopefully uses the same horns as the sedans...

Reply to
Leftie

I've used Beck Arnley filters, CV boots, distributor parts, gaskets, and can't remember what else. Some of the parts, such as head gasket, seem to come from OEM manufacturers. Others such as caliper rebuilding kits' rubber compounds are not as good as Honda's but worked fine. I think these are decent (distributor cap and rotor $3-5 each on rockauto.com clearance, depending on Calif or Non-Calif).

Bosch is fine too. They rebox some parts that they don't make from OEM, such as Denso oxygen sensors. I've used their distributor caps and they looked fine.

For typical "maintenance parts", I use dealer only for air filters, coolant, and thermostats. (Not even plugs, oil filters, brake pads or cabin air filters.)

The thing is you don't really know who these re-distributors will source the next batch of parts that they don't build from. But in general, BA, Bosch, AC Delco, Fel Pro, Moog worked fine.

Now, NAPA is a parts store that tend to be more selective than other chain stores. I've used them for many things (for example, whole timing jobs), and again, except the above three dealer only items for typical maintenance work.

My 2 cents.

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks for the response. I agree that NAPA tends to be better than the other chains, although they aren't wholly without crap either. I'll order the B-A parts.

Reply to
Leftie