best all-round tires

I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation

thanks.

Reply to
ROBERT RENNINGER

I would recommend Michelin Harmony tires (S rated) assuming you don't drive over 100 mph and in extreme heat. If you want something sportier, the Michelin Energy MXV4 plus or Yokohama Avid H4s are good.

Reply to
Car Guy

I had Michelin Rain Force and just put on Michelin Harmony, Harmony was the Rain Force equivilant. I didnt have many miles on the old ones but it now drives like a new car, got them yesterday. Michelin make great tires. If you do regular driving stay with Harmony, they have the snow traction you need.

Reply to
m Ransley

I got Harmony's on the front, very smooth quiet and good in the rain, sorry no snow experience with them.

Harmony® A perfect balance. Utilizing the latest technology to deliver impressive wet and snow traction, ultra-long mileage and an impressive 80,000-mile limited warranty, the Michelin® Harmony? is designed for passenger car and minivan drivers who value quality tires.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Try tirerack for comparisons.

Under passenger all season, Goodyear assurance triple tred and comfort tred at about 100 dollars each. I plan on replacing with one or the other shortly.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

Simex S-800 are cheap, and a wide tire for their profile, at least in 14", and have excellent grip in the wet. Compared to price equivalents eg Hangkook (something got lost in the translation there!), they are eons in front yet a similar price.

For passenger car use at posted road-speeds, I cant justify expensive tires.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Check Yokahama tires - generally good quality and performance - reasonably priced.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

You've received some good recommendations. Although, it's really difficult to give you an answer without knowing your priorities. You mentioned that you want it handles snow well. How long do you want it to last? How well do you want it to handle? How quiet do you want it to be? How well do you want it to ride? Grip compromises tread wear. Good handling may sacrifice some noise and/or ride comfort. You want it good in everything? That may cost a lot of money. How much are you willing to pay? The point is again: it depends on what all you want. You said best all-around but that's still somewhat nebulous. Glenn suggested to check out tire rack. That's a great place to start your research.

If you want a simple answer, my opinion would be the Bridgestone Turanza LS-V (or LS-H). I bought these tires for one of my cars and I'm a believer. And I'm typically a Michelin man.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Costco carries the Michelin energy MXV4+ so that's what I got.

ranked the MXV4 better than the Harmony. I was leaning towards the Yokohama AVID H4 looking at the ratings, but read about higher wear rate and others problems with this tire. So I sprang a few dollars more for the Michelin.

Reply to
John

Reply to
rob renninger

Reply to
Car Guy

Glad you concur. Interesting though that the LS-V rates even higher than the LS-H. That's understood in handling ratings but not in ride and comfort ratings. I suppose that explains the cost difference.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Goodyear Regatta 2 - I have those on a 93 camry and they are quiet and gives a good control (wet and dry)

Hear some good reviews about: Yokohama Avid Touring Yokohama Avid H4S

I think they will let you test their tires for 4 weeks or some trial period and they are relatively cheap.

Reply to
skewe

I read an article in Consumer Reports on tires they tested how tires leak out air over a period of time. Michelin scored the highest. I have always had Michelin and honestly I never add air, when a tire is low I know it needs fixing on my Michelins.

Reply to
m Ransley

Michelin X-ice in the winter and michelin x-one in the summer. I have them on a camry and swear by them. There is no such thing as an all season tire.

Reply to
Anonymous

|| Michelin X-ice in the winter and michelin x-one in the summer. I || have them on a camry and swear by them. There is no such thing as an || all season tire.

Bullshit.

Reply to
dorsal