Best Parts Sources

It looks like a I may need to have the rear wiper motor replaced in our '95 Camry wagon. I'd prefer a new motor, but the OEM part is over $300. Are there any good aftermarket sources, or, failing that, a good online salvage yard that would have the more rare Camry parts like this?

Reply to
mj

Looks like they are all reman:

rockauto.com carries: A-1 CARDONE Part # 431743 Front; USA Built w/4 Terminals {[Wiper Motor] Reman.} $71.89

A-1 CARDONE Part # 432009 Front; Japan Built w/5 Terminals {[Wiper Motor] Reman.} $70.99

For $79.99 you can order the same from the local Checkers/Kragen/Advance Auto chains. (Limited LIfetime Warranty)

napaonline.com has one for $94.99

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks - I really appreciate the help! But these are *rear* wiper motors, right? I'll go check NAPA now.

Reply to
mj

NAPA only has the front wiper motor. I need the much rarer

*rear* motor, used only in the wagons.

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
mj

Talk to a "used auto parts" dealer. They have their own network of dealers and can locate things quickly for you.

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

Oops. The rear motor on

"Crown Reman Wiper Motor: Rear" costs $239.99, seems to have to same part number as the A1 Cardone 43-2044FS. At this price this reman may not offer you much more than a new OEM.

Consider checking online Toyota dealer sites. Daniel may be able to point you toward some of his sources.

Your local junk yard (yellow pages will tell you) should be able to give you a quote. "Pick Your Own Part" is usually cheaper.

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Thanks. There aren't any really good salvage yards in my area anymore - I was hoping for recommendations for good online ones. I'm not in good enough health to pull the part myself. Oddly enough, the car passed inspection without the motor working, so I have more time to look now, anyway...

Reply to
mj

============================ Have never used these people but seen them recommended:

is "Toyota Auto Parts")-------- For new parts I call Lincoln Frash at:
reasonable pricing and the correct genuine part

Reply to
Daniel

Thanks. I'm inquiring about a used wiper motor, and got a price on a new one. So far, the reman linked in a previous post seems like the best deal at $251 shipped.

Reply to
mj

take old one out

look at it

put 12 volts on it

tear it apart if necessary

i fixed vw wiper motor that way

only problem was grease froze at -20 f

solved by spooning some of grease out and adding

a little motor oil and mixing it up

mjc13 wrote:

Reply to
wp51dos