Best Sources Online for Used Toyota Camry Parts?

Our '95 wagon needs at least a low-tone horn - it's making a weak, high pitched beep instead of the normal tone. I see little reason to pay the price for a new horn for a 15 year old car if I can find a good used one. Ebay has nothing at the moment. So what are the best online salvage yards?

Reply to
Leftie

I replaced the horns on our '96 with these:

"

" I did a very nice installation under the hood on the right (passenger side) above the right front wheel well.

If you don't want that, you can get universal high or low horns inexpensively at any auto parts store.

Reply to
SMS

Reply to
johngdole

I'd really like to get OEM, if only so it will attach using the exact same mounts and connectors. I put a nice loud aftermarket horn on my motorcycle, which had a weak OEM unit, but the Camry comes with perfectly adequate horns...

Reply to
Leftie

One used horn, pretty funny. Why do you think they fail, because they are exposed to weather, used is just asking for junk. I just bought new at an auto store they fit right in, they are so cheap I would never consider used, and what a waste of time. Can you only afford one

9$ horn, buy a pair, splurge for once.
Reply to
ransley

Reply to
johngdole

That company seems to be based in Ca., but I get the idea. I was hoping to find either good used ones from outside the Rust Belt, or OEM ones that some dealer realizes will never sell for $120 a set...

Reply to
Leftie

The original link you gave for the NH-16T was for the enlarged image without the description - I didn't realize it was a direct-fit unit. I've ordered a set of high and low horns from RockAuto, and may get a reman rear wiper motor from them as well. Thanks.

Reply to
Leftie

Did you try jumping 12 volts to the horn? What is there to go wrong with a horn? Check the wiring and grounds to the horn.

Reply to
Fat Moe

The weather kills them, road salt.

Reply to
ransley

Yeah, and ironically the ones that get used less die first. The horns on our '95 sedan are still perfect, because we drive that car more. Sort of like emergency brake cables.

Reply to
Leftie

On our '96 the horns were way too wimpy, so installed the air horns.

Reply to
SMS