Blower Fan Wire

Hi;

I have a 98 Camry that I installed an autopage remote starter in. It starts the car just fine, but usually when I park the car, I end up leaving the blower fan on "Off" or "Low" from the previous trip. I would like to have the remote starter engage the blower fan to "High" regardless of what position the Fan Knob was left in. To do this, I need to know what wire coming out of the knob controls the fan speed. Any idea?

Thanks for any help Pat

Reply to
Pat

Hi Pat. I don't have info on the '98 but here is the info for a '97 camry Blower Sw. The blower resistor(speed control) is in series with the blower motor on the ground side( the heater relay contacts, when operated, provides constant +12v to the other side of blower motor). Speed control is achived by switching in(or out)of diff resistances.

Terminal 1 Wht/Blk - Low speed, and Ground

Terminal 3 Blu/Wht - Heater relay control(needs a ground to operate relay) Terminal 4 Blu/Org - Med 1 Speed Terminal 5 Blk/Wht - High speed

Terminal 8 Blu/Blk - Med 2 speed

If you left the blower "OFF", than you need to operate the heater relay by providing a ground at blower sw. terminal 3(Blu/wht) in addition to providing a ground to terminal 5(Blk/wht). If you left the blower sw. at any other speed, than all you need is provide a ground to terminal 5. NOTE: the diagram shows that the blower motor is fused by the 50A heater fusible link, I don't think the blower motor uses anything even close to 50A, but it would be prudent to find out how much current it does use at Hi speed, so that you don't damage whatever device you use to do the switching, you also have to provide a way to disable your switching device once you get in the car(so that you can control the speed yourself). Hope this helps JerryR

Reply to
JerryR