BRAKE light goes on and off frequently

This 1994 cmary is showing its age although it's still pretty smooth and do= es its job well. The brake light started turning on when driving very frequ= ently. Usually, when I started driving, it was off. I would be on when I sw= itch to 2nd gear or sometimes when I switch it to neutral. Sometimes withou= t a reason, it would be off.=20

This is probably just a display issue (without danger), but I wonder if the= re is an easy fix for this problem?

Thanks,

Reply to
cpliu

its job well. The brake light started turning on when driving very frequently. Usually, when I started driving, it was off. I would be on when I switch to 2nd gear or sometimes when I switch it to neutral. Sometimes without a reason, it would be off.

is an easy fix for this problem?

Have you checked the brake fluid levels?

Reply to
micky

This is probably just a display issue (without danger), but I wonder if there is an easy fix for this problem?

Thanks,

Hi

Do you mean the BRAKE indicator on the dash panel comes on. ?

I have a 1995 2.2 CAMRY I have it from new. 106.000 miles now.

I had this come on at one time and I pulled up thinking I had a brake problem. Brakes worked ok, Fluid level was fine.

It turned out to be a BRAKE INDICATOR bulb on the rear. That Dash indicator lights up if a brake bulb is Open circuit. I have the CAMRY electrical manual its worth the cash.

You may just have a faulty connection in one of the rear bulb clusters.

In fact in the 16 years I have owned the CAMRY I have had 3 occasions where the near side (UK) bulb has gone open circuit and required to be changed.

Guessing lol

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin

does its job well. The brake light started turning on when driving very fr= equently. Usually, when I started driving, it was off. I would be on when I= switch to 2nd gear or sometimes when I switch it to neutral. Sometimes wit= hout a reason, it would be off.

there is an easy fix for this problem?

Exactly... I had a brake light too after I changed my brake fluid... panicked a little bit, added a tiny bit more fluid to the brake fluid reservoir, and the light went out.

Michael

Reply to
Michael