Brakelight (dashboard) comes on?

1998 Camry LE with about 110K.

The dashboard brake light is coming on very intermittently. Stays on for 30/40 seconds and then goes out.

Plenty of brake fluid. Handbrake is off. Had a complete brake job about 5K ago. Any ideas?

BTW, no pulsing, grabbing etc....in other words, brakes work fine.

Reply to
timbirr

Had the same with my 98 Camry once. The dealer told me that the level switch was very sensitive. And that although it looked like the level of brake fluid was high enough, he added a little. After that the problem was over. So you could give it a trie.

Jan.

Reply to
jan siepelstad

Well, I could easily try that. The level is a bit hard to read. It is certainly over minimum mark, but not sure how much, because the plastic ridge of the master cylinder is molded right through that area and it makes it hard to see exactly where it is, other than above MIN.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!

Reply to
timbirr

Check for a faulty REAR BRAKE LIGHT BULB . I have had that same problem 3 time in the 13 years I have had my

1995 CAMRY. Toyota told me same things about fluid levels.

I have the electrical manual on my 95. And as I was employed in the electronics industry I could trace it out.

With me its always been the same bulb. Inside passenger side Strange

Johnny UK

Reply to
JM

And don't forget to check the 3rd brakelight!

Reply to
jan siepelstad

OP again....Yes, seems as if this car is particulary sensitive to fluid levels.

Filled up the master cylinder to the MAX line with good old SolderSeal DOT III and no more light.

Reply to
timbirr