bushing replacement 94 camry

Hello,

My trusty 94 camry turned 200,000 miles the other day so I figured it was time to do some maintenance.

I replaced the rear sway bar bushings which was very little trouble and now I'm contemplating the front ones.

They seem to be a little more difficult. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding them, and a manual that I have says to remove tires, fender, tie rod ends, steering knuckles, etc.

Is all that necessary? If not can someone give me the steps to do this?

Thanks a lot!

John

Reply to
John Tate

Check Autozone's free online repair guide:

It's a lot of work when you have to remove the tie rod ends with pullers. Were the bushings squeaking?

John Tate wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

========================================= You need to remove the front tires, not the fender, but two 10mm bolts holding a fender apron cover. You do not need to remove the tie rod ends or steering knuckle to replace stabilizer bar bushings. Clearance is a bit more limited than with the rear, but the concept is the same. You just unbolt the covers and replace the split bushings. Really quite simple. Just lift the car, properly support it on jack stands and use a shop light to see more clearly. It would be handy to have "Gearwrenches" because you won't be able to turn the wrench very far before having to reposition it. This is not a difficult job. Just take your time. Silicone grease will help keep the new stabilizer bar bushings quiet. A small tube of "dielectric" tune up grease is the same thing.

Reply to
Daniel